The great motivator

Before going further, I did intentionally decided not to write anything about my student life during the past  12 weeks because, the stress and the daily grind of my academic life might lead me to write "emotionally."  In fact, I will never even start discussing how my clinical exposure went until its done because, I wanted to reflect more on the experience and, that would give me time to decompress and write in a less biased, less emotional, less defensive way.




So moving on. The first thing that I have learned so far is accessing the moodle. I am not going to spend my time explaining how to get there but basically, I can access my subjects through it. I can submit my assessments, communicate with my classmates and lecturers and study. But to be honest, it took me quite awhile to get used to it. Coming from a background who spent majority of her life studying the "traditional" way, getting used to moodle as the basic mode of studying is weird. It does not also help that I needed to be connected with the internet- which my laptop does so efficiently that every 5 minutes or so, alerts such as new messages and comments from my social media accounts "haunted" me. In those first few days, I was not really able to do a lot with my moodle because I get easily distracted.

But eventually, the reality that I needed to read whatever is in my moodle finally sank in when I realized that my assessments are almost due in 4 weeks. It was really a hard work ignoring all those alerts folks. But the threat of failing is so great that  I think on those early days, I read my moodle more than I eat or sleep combined.  I installed the university application on my phone and,  while attempting to fall asleep, I used to read through it. When I am on any queue, I used to read through it.

So what have I learned so far- that the fear of failing is greater more than anything else!

Comments