First few days

We arrived in Cairns and this is what greeted me outside my plane window:
Image result for cairns mountain near cairns airport
copyright by wikipedia


Somehow, I feel more at home with nature than I do in the city. Seeing some similarities with Aparri somewhat comforted me.

                                                                                                  
My early days in Cairns was a flurry of activities. Everyone wanted to make sure that I am all right and they are especially helpful in many ways. I have learned where to wait for the bus. I have learned how the transport system works and  the name of my bus stop (which I wrote in a piece of paper and kept in my pockets on those first few days- I have terrible memory folks!).

Most of the  time, I feel groggy because of the jetlag and timezone differences. I almost always feel lonely and alone because, homesickness is kicking in. I feel very ambivalent over my decision to come here because, I thought I might not make it. But, I wanted to know how far I'll go, so I decided to stay. Besides, my new "family" here are doing all they can to  cheer me up so, I consciously decided to "shelve" my loneliness and focus at the task at hand.


Before I know it, it was orientation day and, I get to go to the school and meet my new classmates- not that I have not met anyone yet- I arrived with one and,  I am currently living with the other.

 





Comments